Sanlam UK is a leading provider of wealth and investment management services to private clients, professional advisers, charities, corporates and institutions. Combined, we manage almost £9 billion of client assets from 13 offices across the UK, employing a diverse range of c.500 professionals.
Sanlam Investments is majority owned by the Sanlam Group which is a substantial financial services company with a market capitalisation of £9bn and a Standard & Poor’s credit rating of A (as at 31st March 2017). Sanlam Investments is the Group’s International Centre of Excellence for investment management
Based in our offices in London (EC2N)
we’re looking for a Fund Operations Associate
candidate to complete day to day Fund Operations tasks for Sanlam Investments.
The key function of your role is to provide operational support to the Investment Teams and business, ensuring all Fund operational requirements are met within given deadlines.
To do this; you will be expected to understand all operational processes, and improve where necessary. Have the initiative to speak with Custodians, clearers and Fund Administrators to resolve any issues, whilst understanding the operational risk associated with each task.
This position will give you great exposure to a wide variety of Operational areas, working in a team of 6.
Skills and experience
Successful candidates should demonstrate the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience from an Asset Management or Hedge Fund environment
- A self-starter with a positive “can-do” attitude is essential
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Process driven with ability to improve
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full front to back Fund Operations experience ideal
- Proven product knowledge in Fixed Income and Equities essential
- Trade confirmations and settlement knowledge in global markets for both Fixed Income and Equities
- Knowledge in Derivatives (Futures, Options and CFD’s) ideal, or the desire to learn
- Cash management & reconciliations
- Corporate Action knowledge
- Data Management and security set-up
- Good working knowledge of proprietary systems such as OMGEO CTM and Bloomberg
- Operate efficiently in a deadline driven environment, being able to prioritise own workload
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com
with a copy of your CV attached.
Sanlam is an equal opportunities employer.